Today I attended a baby shower for my cousin. It was a great opportunity to try out the gorgeous little tutorial posted by Aimee of homespun threads.
They were a breeze to cut out and get the sole & upper made, but a little fiddly getting the shoe sizes exactly the same. As you can imagine, millimetres of difference in the seam allowances on such a tiny project has significant effect. I chose to interface the upper shoe with flannelette for a comfy feel and this meant that there was a little slipping and sliding when trying to attach the two pieces together (6 layers on the overlapping toes) with a little 1/4" seam.
I got there in the end and I must say that I'm extremely happy with the fabric. It's a double sided cotton/linen from Japan...so so lovely, a pleasure to cut with and very satisfying to sew with...you sewers know what I mean! I used the gingham pattern on the inside, and polka dots on the exterior with a charcoal corduroy sole. Anyhow, enough about fabric. Here they are. I teamed them with a tiny pair of white leggings and some facewashers. She liked them if you were wondering, and I can't wait to meet the little person who will wear them!