Today's book is an absolute beauty that I scored at my local op/thrift shop last week. I LOVE it! It's one of those generic publisher-produced manuals that have no real author (Mary Harding is the editor), and includes really really great illustrated instructions on how to do all of those basic crafty things. A few very cool things about this book:
1. It was published in 1973
2. It has all the great crafts including knitting, crochet, sewing, canvas work, embroidery, rugmaking, applique, braiding and more.
3. It has wonderful pictures of great 1970's clothing that you can make yourself
4. It has easy step by step instructions for everything
5. I actually like most of the patterns in here (NB: most of the patterns...I have included a picture of one dress that you shall NEVER see my child wear)
6. I flicked to the end of the book when I got it home and found 3 out of 4 dressmaking patterns still neatly folded in the back! Yay!
7. This book cost next to nothing
8. This is "Volume 1" so Volume 2 is out there somewhere.....and maybe even Volume 3??